This weekend I finished my very first Pendrell Blouse. I was really pleased with the muslin I made last week, and did not need to make any adjustments before going ahead with my fashion fabric – I think this is the first time I have made a muslin which has fit perfectly! This is probably linked to the semi-fitted nature of the Pendrell Blouse, but I’m certainly not complaining.
Please ignore my slightly strange facial expression….I braved the cold (as did my semi-willing boyfriend who was the photographer!) in an attempt to get some pictures in a half-decent light…this was the best of the bunch and i wasn’t about to go back for a second attempt!
I realised when trying to style this blouse that I have very few bottom-half garments that go with the print. The fabric for this blouse was chosen some time ago, and although i love the print, it goes with hardly anything else in my wardrobe. If only I had read the section on “A Thoughtful Plan” in the Colette Sewing Handbook beforehand! This is something I am going to work on this year – making garments which I can mix and match with other items in my wardrobe. It makes so much sense, and yet I always get sidetracked by a pretty print. Luckily, a Crescent Skirt in a solid is on my (very long) to-make list, which will perfectly compliment this blouse
Back to the details…Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns always takes time to ensure that the inside of the finished garments are as neat and tidy as the outside, which I love. I am especially proud of the wrong side of my Pendrell Blouse.