The days are getting shorter and colder, this year’s John Lewis Christmas advert is upon us (have you seen it yet? There are penguins) and it is almost time for my annual re-watching of Love Actually. Yep, Christmas is a-coming and I am pleased to announce that the crafty secret santa will be back for a third year!
Slight change of name this year as although “Sewists Secret Santa” did have a nice ring to it, I know that many of you who want to join in are not sewists, and I want everyone to feel welcome to take part. However, the general idea remains the same. Here is how it will work and how you can sign up:
1) Send me an email to kraftykatblog(at)gmail(dot)com by Sunday 16th November with the following information – your name, a link to your blog (if you have one), your postal address and also whether you are happy to post internationally. Please could you also provide a short snippet of information for me to send on to your Santa – for example, “I’m a sewist and a knitter, I love spots and lace and big prints”.
2) I will play Santa and pick everyone’s Secret Santa out of a (probably metaphorical) hat. I will split between people happy to post internationally and those who would prefer not to. This will not be a straightforward pairwise swap, otherwise everyone will know who their Santa is, and that just defeats the object!
3) I will send you an email telling you who you will be buying for, along with their address/blog link/information by Monday 24th November.
4) Present buying! This bit is completely up to you, however please try and keep within the limit which is £5 (or equivalent internationally). You can make/buy/thrift your presents or even shop your stash – it’s completely up to you.
5) Pop your gift in the post. Don’t forget this is supposed to be a Secret Santa, so it’s most fun if you don’t let on who the present is from. If you are posting internationally please keep an eye on the last dates for posting before Christmas and wherever you are posting please pop your parcel in the post by Monday 15th December to make sure it arrives in time for Christmas.
6) Receive your present and pop it under the tree, or open immediately if you must, however please wait until after Christmas to share on your blog. And feel free to speculate about who your Santa might be….!!
I had so much fun shopping for my secret santa last year and am looking forward to doing it all again. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me an email or write a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Ho ho ho…